1- Mechanical Pain
• Study of anthropometrics and ergonomics on mechanical pain, especially vertebral column
• Study of physiotherapy methods on symptoms and functional abilities in mechanical pain disorders
• Study of muscular activity models and mechanical characteristics, eg., displacement of instantaneous axis of rotation during locomotion, in musculo-skeletal disorders
2- Rehabilitation of the peripheral and central nervous system disabilities
• Relationships between physical impairments and functional limitations in nervous system disabilities
• Study of locomotion, balance, and posture in patients with nervous system disorders
• Effectiveness of the physical remedies on neurological disorders
3- sport Rehabilitation
• screening athletes for a purpose of developing preventive procedures
• study of the muscular activities and proprioceptive in disabled athletes-injuries- and the effectiveness of the neuromuscular exercise in returning athletes to the normal and sport functions
Occupational therapy department
1- Optimization and designing standard assessment tools in occupational therapy in Iran.
2- Practical studies to assess and develop multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary teamwork effects in rehabilitation.
3- Occupational therapy approaches in orthopaedic and neurologic disorders:
• Effectiveness and comparison of upper limb neurorehabilitative techniques in CVA.
• Movement therapy and motor control approaches in CP.
• New methods in spinal cord injury rehabilitation (surgery and rehabilitation).
4- Occupational therapy in mental and psychological disorders:
• Sensory integration in autism.
• Activity therapy for schizophrenia.
• Facilitating methods for developmental delay.
5- The study of the quality of life in patients and the role of occupational therapy.
6- The role of occupational therapy in normal and exceptional education.
7- The role of occupational therapy in social and vocational rehabilitation.Speech Therapy Department
1- Designing and developing speech and language measurements tools regarding bilingual and cultural considerations of North-West Iran.
2- Study of speech & language processing in normal bilingual population.
3- Epidemiological studies on speech, language, and swallowing disorders in the area.
4- Outcome researches on speech therapy in speech, language, and swallowing disorders.
5- Study of learning and educational problems in bilingual school students
Orthotics & Prosthetics Department
1- Study of Biomechanics of Lower Limbs Orthosis & Prosthesis to Improve Walking.
2- Epidemiology & Etiology of Amputation & Prosthetic Treatment.
3- Epidemiology of Congenital Musculoskeletal Anomalies & Orthotic Management.
4- Epidemiology of Diabetic Foot & Pedorthotic Treatment.
5- Study of Society Satisfaction from Orthotics & Prosthetics Services.